To get into to the Boot Manager of your system, please press the keys Ctrl & F8 during the start process. Pick the desired Safe Mode to start your computer.
Due to the current fast computers with fast boot or SSD, it is troublesome to catch the exact time frame with the Ctrl + F8 key combination during the boot process. Therefore it might take several attempts to access the Boot Manager this way. Alternatively, the Safe Mode can also be launched directly from Windows.
Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode directly
- Click Windows-button → On/Off
- Hold down the Shift key and click Restart
- Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options
- Afterwards, go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings
- Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart
- More boot options are displayed.
The relevant options for booting in Safe Mode are the numbers 4,5 or 6.Select an option by pressing one of the numbers or function keys F4, F5 or F6
- 4) Enable Safe Mode
In this mode, the operating system is started with the bare minimum of installed drivers and only the main Windows functions are used.
- 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking
In this mode, also the network drivers are started.
- 6) Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
In this mode, the operating system is started in text mode. This mode requires knowledge of computer commands and is, therefore, more suitable for professional users.
Windows 10 is now starting in Safe Mode. You recognize the Safe Mode by the fact that all four corners of your background screen are labeled as “Safe Mode”.